Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nov 12-14 Rise and Shine


Thursday morning Nov 12th was an early one as the annual Promise to Protect Breakfast for Kids House of Seminole started at 7:30am in Altamonte Springs. I attended with no Miss Florida USA obligations, just as a guest in support of the cause. I have known about Kids House since the summer of 2007 when I put together Walk For Dignity. My walk-a-thon raised nearly $7000 for Dignity U Wear which provides brand new clothing to charities all over the country (although the funds raised from my event went specifically to Central Florida Charities). Kids House was one of the recipients.

Since then, I have had a soft spot in my heart for this organization. Their mission is "to aid children by providing all necessary services for children who are victims of abuse from report and investigation through treatment and prosecution in a friendly, non-threatening environment". Last year, nearly 400 people attended to learn more about their services and programs, ultimately pledging their support and raising $300,000. I am not sure how many people attended this year, but it was sold out and I am sure the result was the same or better! To learn more about Kids House of Seminole visit http://www.kidshouse.org/

Nov 13th




Yikes! Friday the 13th! Sounds scary, but it was the perfect day to celebrate the accomplishments of several of the Special Olympics Athletes from Miami-Dade County! The 2nd Annual Fall Fashion Event kicked off with a silent auction followed by a fashion show presented by Saks Fifth Avenue and lunch at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. We were so fortunate to have several special guests including three-time Olympian Gary Hall Jr

and the South Florida Firefighter 2010 Calendar Models.
The fashion was so much fun. All the girls had 5 outfits to model starting from casual/business to evening gowns for the last walk. Jimmy Choos were the shoes seen through out which I am shocked at how comfortable they are! And the male models were just cute as can be. They walked out as a group and received more applause then all us girls combined :)









At the end of the program, we honored several Special Olympics Athletes. These kids were so excited and proud to be apart of the festivities. They had quite the sense of humor too! I was giving out autographs to the kids and one little boy looked at me and said, "Well don't you want mine?!" I told him of course! He preceded to write me a long message telling me how great I did and that I was hot ! He was too cute....definitely someone I will remember! I left the event knowing that meeting those kids had impacted my life and being excited about my upcoming appearance at the Best Buddies Miami Gala on Nov 20th!

Nov 14th
The owner of my parade car, Patrick and I at the UCF Homecoming Parade




Following the appearance, I made the drive back to Orlando as it was Homecoming Week at UCF. Festivities had been happening all week, in preparation for the big game against Houston! I was honored to be ask to be in the parade as a former Miss UCF, reigning Miss Florida USA and as a UCF Alumni! The parade was full of royalty as the reigning Miss Florida and Miss Florida USA are UCF Alumni. Plus Mr and Miss UCF, Miss UCF's Sunshine Princess and the Homecoming Court were all in attendance! It was so much fun to interact with everything there. I made sure to arrive early so that I could visit all the floats. President and Mrs. Hitt were in the front and the Engineering Department was in the back....therefore I had to visit everyone in between...lol


The highlight of the morning was the battle between Miss Florida and Miss Florida USA. It was an ugly fight......both girls beautiful, athletic, intelligent, and nice!


In the end, it was a tie! Miss Florida and Miss Florida USA are FRIENDS!!!!! YAY!



Ok, ok maybe that first picture was staged, but it is pretty funny that people think that every Miss Florida and Miss Florida USA dislike one another just because we are both state (pageant) ambassadors. Let this be proof that we are bigger than the fictional pageant war and that we are normal girls :)
UCFTV taped entire the parade! The following video is 29 minutes in length and covers the entire parade. Kaitlyn Chana is the interviewer on the parade route in which you will see me telling my dad to wave to her and then I blow her a kiss. In looks like I am pointing to the camara, but it is my little Kaitlyn :) If you just want to see Miss UCF. Miss Florida Ameica and myself then start at 8:25.



Congratulations to UCF for their win against Houston! WOOHOO! Thank you to the UCF Alumni Association for sponsoring my Car Magnets. I am proud to be a knight and very appreciative of the support I have received from the UCF Alumni Association. Big thank you to Michael Gruttadauria for my awesome UCF ArMagnet. Everybody loved it!


GO KNIGHTS!!!!!!



Love Always,
Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA 2010



P.S. I should mention a big congratualtions to my friends Erin (pictured left)and Deanna (pictured right) who are both having baby boys! I attended both baby showers after the Homecoming parade and Iam so excited for both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment