Thursday, November 5, 2009

Laid back Week

Hey everyone!
Hope all is well :) This was a rather slow week considering the weekend will be non-stop. First on my list of priorities was making sure my Mom was ok. Tuesday morning at 6am, I drove my mom to have cataract surgery. The way it works is the doctor operates on one eye at a time at least a month between eyes. That way if there is a complication, the patient will not go blind in both eyes. Hearing this, you can understand why my mom was so nervous! We were there for about 2 hours, but the precedure itself was only 20 minutes. My mom was incredibly nervuos! From what we know, the surgery went great and my Mom can SEE AGAIN! She is thrilled and definitely views the surgery as a positive despite all the worrying that came along with it.

After the surgery, my mom decided that an eye patch was NOT going to keep her from going out to breakfast and shopping! What the heck, it was only 8:30am! The day was just getting started...lol

While at breakfast, I had a phone interview with Dante Marchitelli and Kevin Holden from Magic and More radio. It was a few minutes of chit chat on my reign thus far and of course the Orlando Magic! Kevin and Dante are awesome and I love talking with them so it was not surprising that was a smooth interview. Hopefully in a few days, I will be able to post the sound bite. Besides that I spent the next two days having mommy-daughter time :)


Looking back, I did not really do much more, at least nothing that is important to you...lol Until next time!

Love Always,
Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment