Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life continues after Miss USA :)

Goodness! It has been a while since I have posted anything so I am attempting to catch up today! Bare with me :)

When I returned from Miss USA, I decided I needed a breather. But first I had some obligantions. I promised the Buckethead radio show that they would be my first interview the moment I got home. Sure enough they took me up on that offer! I got home at 9pm on Monday May 17th and a t 1pm on Tuesday I shared all my Miss USA experiences with Orlando. It did not stop there as I continued the day by emceeing Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals at the Amway Arena that evening. We lost that game :( But the series was not over!

It was definitely time for a breather! Vegas was awesome; 17 amazing days filled with fun memories and incredible individuals, but it was 17 days of non-stop events nonethless! The weekend I returned, I went to Jupiter to spend time with my mom. Most of you will be surprised to learn that my mom is deathly afraid of flying so she did not come to Vegas. We were able to spend the entire weekend together catching up on DVRed shows...lol. We even watched her interview with the local news :)

The week of May 24th was filled with random fun. I had an interview with Professional Engineer Magazine, a photoshoot with HardKnock Orlando, and I emceed Game 5 of Magic vs Celtics in which we won...yay! Thursday May 27th was the WEC Fashion Show (pictures are below with myself and some of the models). Way back when I spoke at the WEC Luncheon, I was invited to model in their fashion show at the Citrus Club in Orlando!

Patrick and Denise Carroll
The models in our stylish Stein Mart clothing!

The dinner and show felt like a reunion. These are women that I have known for years and are incredibly supportive of my title and reign. Thank you WEC for a a great evening!

Friday morning was an early one! One of my favorite radio shows is Mix 105.1 with Jay Edwards. I totally forgot that I had this interview planned for weeks...luckily Jay is on top of his game and he called me the night before to check-in! Sure enough I was on-air at 8am and once again recapped all the Vegas fun, my future plans, and the upcoming Miss Florida USA pageant in Hollywood Fl!

Enough about me! Let's talk about my girls! On Sunday May 30th, I met up with the Rivera's as little miss Tiffany was competing in a pageant in my neck of the woods! I was able to watch her prelims and she was fierce! I am so proud of her! Nothing is stopping her from her dreams! You go girl!

I ended the month by flying to Los Angeles! It was an interesting 5 days and I will leave it at that :)

Talk soon!


Love Always!
Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment