Sunday, June 13, 2010

Home from LA!!!!

I am HOME!!!!! Goodness gracious! What a crazy weekend! I got off the plan at 11am on Saturday June 6th and before I knew it I was speaking to the 65 delegates at the Miss Florida USA 2011 orientation. It was wonderful to finally meet the girls that are vying for my title. I met some very worthy candidates and I am even more excited to see what happens on July 10th!



That night I stayed in the Pink Room at the Gravitt's home and we spent some quality time together over dinner. We decided that since Sunday pretaping was a 6am call, we better hit the hay by 11pm! Pretaping went well. We knocked out the jewelry, Florida Hair Extensions, and Elan segments without a hitch. As we were getting ready to leave I was happily surprised to see Mr Carrol from Carrol's Jewelers with my customized necklace. It is a tradition for the Carroll's to custom design a necklace for the reigning Miss Florida USA...they have done so for 30 years! As usual, he did an amazing job! I absolutely love it. He figured out what I liked by looking at my blog...yay for blogs...lol


Thank you Carrol Jewelers for designing me a gorgeous necklace!

On Tuesday June 8th, I was honored to be the Keynote Speaker at the Avalon Middle School Night of Excellence. I spoke to over 500 students and their families about the amazing opportunities that are to come for these kids. All 500 students were being honored for maintaining Honor Roll Status or better for the entire year! I was surprised to meet several graduating 8th graders who had never even received a B! Definitely some smarty pants in the room!




Mrs. Besley, Mrs. Fadia, and Principal Frank


The Lange sisters. Hallie was my sunshine princess when she was 8 years old...now she is an honor roll 7th grader at Avalon Middle School!





I cannot forget about my Magic family! Our very own Kimberly Meyers is saying Sayonara to Orlando and Hello Chicago! Kim and I spent 4 years dancing together with the Orlando Magic and we were rookie captains together. All us formers got together to say our goodbyes and wish her the best!



We LOVE YOU KIM!





This weekend is about supporting our troops....in an unconventional way! Tell you more soon!






Love Always,
Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment