Thursday, April 1, 2010

Week at a glance

Saturday morning March 27th in Orlando at the 9th Annual Teal Magnolia Luncheon with Melissa Witek, Miss Florida USA 2005.
This luncheon began in 2001 with 99 attendees and grew to over 650 attendees raising over $124, 000 in the matter of 4 hours in 2009. This years theme was "Celebrating the music of Broadway". I had no inkling that my friend Kendal Jolly was going to be entertaining the crowd. He has the most amazing voice. That was definitely one of the highlights of my afternoon. The big award of the evening went to Shelley Morgan who just happens to be an Orlando Magic Season Ticket Holder. Listening to her bio...I was floored. She cannot possibly have any time for herself as she is completely dedicated to her community. Her bio was quite impressive and I instantly had a huge amount of respect for how selfless and humble she is. Congratulations Shelley!


After the luncheon, I made the drive to Wellington for the All That Glitter Fashion Show for La Casa Hermosa

This was my first year participating in the All That Glitter Fashion Show. The event took place at the home of Robin Fleming, the owner of La Casa Hermosa. She built a 'T' shaped runway over the pool and had little lights sporadically in the pool to really make the runway pop. I along with 15-20 titleholders stomped it out to show-off Robin's latest fashions. I had the opportunity to wear two super cute cocktails by Scala; including the dress shown above.

Check out the video to see all the hot cocktails and gowns !


The Next Morning it was back to Central Florida for the WWII Reenactment at the Scottish Rite in Winter Park.

That was really cool. Two separate WWII Reenactment clubs came together to bring to life a battle from the 1940's. Spectators watched as Germany invaded France and eventually Americans took them down. Guns were firing, grenades were flying, and people were dying. It was surreal to think that this is what reality is for so many of our men and women serving our country.

When the reenactment ended, spectators were able to see up close and personal the guns and armored cars used for the show. The picture above is of myself inside the Armored Car which by the way looks like a tank, but tanks have tracks and armored cars have 4 tires :)

It was back to my part time job Sunday night....Emceeing the Orlando Magic Game. Check out the post below to watch the 3D, Dancing Dancer Dads !

Usually, Monday's are my off days as there is not a whole lot happening on the first day of the week, but March 29th was an exception. I woke up bright and early to visit the Monsters in Morning on Real Rock 104.1 for a 7:15AM interview and then Johnny and Jade on XL 106.7 for a 9:35AM interview to feature my Give Kids The World Charity Nights.

Sonny's BBQ, Oviedo location, and I hosted Charity Night benefiting Give Kids The World in which 10% of the evenings proceeds from 5pm-9pm went to my charity. Between this evening and last Tuesday March 23 $1000 was donated from Sonny's to Give Kids The World!

Tuesday March 30th, I was able to highlight the new and improved Pollo Tropical in Sanford on K92 FM Morning Show. This location was not new....but it is improved. It has been completely revamped with new decor, food items and drink items. They used the Grand Opening week to host the Charity Challenge in which 3 charities would benefit by receiving 20% of the proceeds between 4pm-9pm on different days of the week. Tuesday night benefited Give Kids The World so of course I was there to sign autographs and thank people for coming out. I was shocked at how many people said they heard me on the radio. It was really neat to think they heard my story and made the effort to come out for my cause! At this point, I am still waiting to hear what the total came to. Keep your fingers crossed as the charity that raised themost money will receive an addiotnal $1000 from Pollo Tropical :)

I spent all of Wednesday and Thursday preparing for my Central Florida Send Off Party......Tune in to see how it went :)


Love Always,
Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment