Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy 2010.....6 month Update!

Happy 2010 to my Family and Friends!

It has been nearly 6 months since becoming Miss Florida USA and I have accomplished a lot. I feel so privileged to represent Florida, the state in which I was born and raised. I am so excited for this year although it is hard to imagine 2010 being better than 2009. Last year was filled with milestones; I graduated from the University of Central Florida, went to the NBA FINALS with the Orlando Magic, won Miss Florida USA 2010, raised enough funds for my engineering scholarship (Harris Corporation Future Female Scientist Award), and made over 85 appearances.

With the new year comes new goals and new challenges. I have set my goals high, but they are all realistic. In the next few months, I plan to distribute my scholarship awards, start CLIMB FOR THE CURE (read below), and prepare for the Miss USA Pageant while continuing to make appearances when possible. I will have the opportunity to attend several of the Florida Science and Engineering Regional Fair Awards Ceremonies to distribute my scholarship. All 34 regional fairs will receive a single $100 scholarship for a female in the Junior Section (middle school ages) for an outstanding engineering project exhibiting originality and creativity. In addition, the Florida Science and Engineering State Fair will receive a single $250 scholarship. I would like to take this time to once again thank HARRIS CORPORATION and my friends and family who have contributed to this scholarship.

There is much to do in preparation for Miss USA, but I am excited for it all. Every workout inspires me to eat healthy while every conversation excites me for the future. The state of Florida has yet to produce a Miss USA and the thought of being the first motivates me to be better in every way possible. I cannot guarantee a win or evening placing at Nationals, but I can promise you that I am living my life as a Miss USA should. I am devoting myself to my community, raising awareness/funds for various non-profits and staying true to my moral standards.

I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. My friends and family know how crazy my life has been since July 18th. Although, it is not much different than being an Orlando Magic Dancer, it does require more traveling and less time with them. I have been to Tallahassee down to the Florida Keys traveling over 18,000 miles. The support has been endless and I thank my parents, Tel Air Family, Kim Antos, Arnold Kolozsvari, Orlando Magic family, friends and my wonderful boyfriend for supporting my new job.

CLIMB FOR THE CURE

In the next 6 months, I plan to visit all 30 remaining lighthouses in the state of Florida and climb as many as allowed. One of my fondest childhood memories was visiting the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse. Because of this, I decided to make the Jupiter Lighthouse my first climb on January 10th, 2010. There will be a full day of activities as the lighthouse is celebrating its 150th Anniversary. My hopes are that I am able to raise awareness/funds for Susan G Komen and encourage locals to learn about the maritime heritage of their lighthouse.

I am really excited about this endeavor as it is something completely different and very fun.

Please take the time to my support my cause by either making a donation, attending a climb, forwarding this email or all of the above! I appreciation your support! Visit http://www.info-komen.org/goto/climb_for_the_cure for my information

As of now, I only have three dates set for climbs; Jupiter Inlet on Jan 10th, Cedar Key on Feb 19th, and St Augustine on March 20th. I plan to add Ponce Inlet hopefully in the month of March. Most likely I will complete the rest of my climbs either upon my return from Miss USA or after my reign as Miss USA J No matter what, I will complete this project!!!

I will probably have one last update prior to departing for the Miss USA Pageant. To see what I am up to visit my blog at http://missfloridausa2010.blogspot.com

THANK YOU EVERYONE! Best of Luck in 2010!

Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment