Friday, August 13, 2010

Palm Beach County Science Symposium

Happy Friday the 13th! While most people stay at home hoping that this scary day will pass, I went back to high school....well Lake Worth High School that is!


Today was the annual Palm Beach County Science Symposium. This is where the educational community comes together to pump one another up for the school year. This year was unlike any other as Palm Beach County School District inducted Jane Hart into the Hall of Fame (by the way she is the first member!). We also had Dr Kenneth Miller as the Keynote speaker. He gave one of the best speeches I have ever heard regarding science. I was intrigued with every word that came out of his mouth.



The best part of the day was running into my former science teachers....Mrs Reyes (now Bellodoumo) and Mrs Mooney. They were my book end science teachers as I had Mrs Reyes for 9th grade Earth Space Science and Mrs Mooney for Senior year Physics. Mrs Mooney also taught my brother when he was a junior. It was definitely worth the early morning drive to catch up with two of the people who motivated me to pursue a career in the sciences! I hope I can have the same impact on today's youth as these two teachers did on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment