Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Frontier Civitan

Happy Tuesday!

Today was a busy, yet not-so-busy day. I slept in until 8:30am (which has been much nicer than my usual 6am), attended my Femmes de Couer meeting at the Citrus Club, caught up on my blog/emails/phone calls and then had an appearance. I also, began on my list of handwritten thank you cards. It is amazing how much a handwritten note means in this age of technology.

Shortly after I won the title of Miss Florida USA 2010, my friend Denee' was elected President of the Frontier Civitan Club of Orlando. Founded in 1974, the Frontier Club became the first all women's club to be charted in Civitan International. There club now has over 30 members and focuses on community service, leadership, working with their Junior Civitan clubs, and fellowship. Today was her first meeting as President and she asked if I would be there guest speaker. I spoke about my life, my new title and the Glam Doll Strut. Afterwards, I was presented with a $250 check for the Glam Doll Strut which benefits the UM Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. I know the Glam Doll Board will be thrilled to hear of the donation.


Now I have a few more things to catch up on and then I am off to bed! Tomorrow I have the whole day OFF! Woohoo! The plan is to attempt to get out of bed and hopefully clean my apartment, do laundry, work on more emails/thank you cards, and take a dance class! I miss dancing sooooo much.....I have to squeeze it whenever I can :)


Love Always,
Megan Clementi
Miss Florida USA

1 comment: